Autumn arrived. Pause that episode of Gilmore Girls, take a sip of your coffee–I have a few great links from the Foundation Fighting Blindness (FFB) to share today that I don’t want you to miss. The FFB hosts the annual VISIONS conference. It features speakers, an exhibit hall of low vision products and services, and sessions about retinal disease research, clinical trials, daily living skills and more. I plan on attending the conference in the future.
If you missed this year’s VISIONS 2015 conference, fear not. The FFB provided content on it’s VISIONS 2015 Rewind page with photos, videos, audio and more. It’s a lot of quality information right at your fingertips. Here are some of the audio clips I’m listening to:
- Opening Luncheon Keynote Speaker, David Patterson, former Gov. of NY
- Stem Cells 101, Dr. Dennis Clegg, University of California, Santa Barbara
Dr. David Gamm, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Finding Your Resilience, Becky Andrews, Resilient Solutions, Inc
- Sighted Spouses: Techniques for Ensuring Vision Loss Does Not Impact Your Relationship, Dan Ashman, Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired; Tracy and Sharon Soforenko, National Federation of the Blind
- Nutrition and Your Vision, Dr. Dennis Hoffman, Retina Foundation of the Southwest
There are many, many more, including ones dealing with individual retina conditions like Stargardt’s, retinitis pigmentosa, Usher syndrome, and macular degeneration. Finally, there’s an interesting, not-to-be-missed session I already heard and enjoyed from a lady whose book, Not Fade Away, I reviewed in 2014:
- Closing General Session – Breathe in Peace; Breathe out Fear: Coping with Your Own or a Loved One’s Vision and/or Hearing Loss, Rebecca Alexander, Author and Motivational Speaker
As the air turns crisp and leaves are falling from the trees and pumpkin flavored everything is invading your palate, fill your brain with some great (and free!) information from the FFB.
Have you attended a VISIONS conference ? What conferences (vision or non-vision related) have you attended? Are you a member of the Foundation Fighting Blindness? What topics would you want to learn about? Tell me about it.