Today, I do that for you. Are you having trouble sleeping? Who doesn’t in America? Maybe outside the great US of A, you people have a handle on shut-eye, here not so much. Why is caffeine so popular? Because we are always tired.
Maybe not so much after my revelation. I can’t cure your brawling neighbors or your anxiety issue or your pregnancy insomnia that keeps you wide-eyed at night. What I can do is tell you about my sleep elixir.3 It’s so amazing, I call it an elixir. Just in time for the holiday season, a way to get some extra Zzzzz’s.4
My solution: drink tea in the evenings.5 It relaxes me, allows me to chill out a bit. I have a favorite and it’s my elixir. It’s a brand6 with bears on the boxes. I am a sucker for cute packaging. I see the Sleepytime box and it’s so adorable I buy it, remembering I used to drink it as a kid.7
Sleepytime Tea helps when I need rest after a tough day with low vision.8 Despite being the self-confessed nap queen,9 there are days when I need a nudge to pass out. I add some local honey if my allergies are terrible, too. It might be the placebo effect, but I don’t care. Sleepytime works! 10
1. I’m going to David Foster Wallace you with the footnotes on this blog post. Can blog posts even have footnotes? Literary types like the podcasters on Book Riot need to discuss this issue amongst themselves.
2. The gravel tip helped your life improve in innumerable ways. Don’t lie. Even you, Nicole.
3. Don’t worry, no animals were harmed in the process of this discovery, or in the making of my sleep elixir.
4. You can thank me by heaping tons of praise in the comments.
5. Like the Queen without the servants. Or the china. Or Prince Charles. But, my Welshie would give those Corgis a run.
6. Celestial Seasonings.
7. Nostalgia factor times ten.
8. Make all the fun you want. Then try it yourself. It’s magical.
9. Thank you 5am rowing practice in college for instilling in me the necessity of naps.
10. No more footnotes for a while. This is exhausting. I did my own html coding. I’m sorry if it messed up screen readers.